Our Polynorm steel doors, window frames, shutters and fire rated doors have proven to be a successful eco-friendly alternative to wooden doors. The Shirke Polynorm division manufactures quality steel doors and window frames since 1983 in collaboration with N. V. Netherlands Metall industries ‘Polynorm’ of Holland.
The Polynorm products replicate the qualities of wooden equivalents and it is hard to spot a difference. Its advantages over wood are:
- Not prone to seasonal warps and size changes
- Non susceptible to flakes, knots, fungus, termites
- Maintenance free
The Galvanized Sheets have a Zinc Coating 120 gms/m2 conforming to IS:277. A viable alternative, Polynorm helps decrease the need for wood and helps in preventing deforestation to some extent.
Setting Standards for Doors, Frames and Windows
We have been the member of Doors, Windows & Shutters Technical Committee, CED 11 of Civil Engineering Dept. of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), New Delhi since 2001.
In August 2013 BIS, New Delhi published New Indian Standard IS:16074 for steel door shutters specification. The preliminary draft of this standard was prepared and submitted by Shirke Group’s Polynorm Division to BIS New Delhi in 2010.
Our steel door frames and shutters are extensively used in mass housing projects of:
- Mumbai Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA)
- City & Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Ltd. (CIDCO)
- Bangalore Development Authority (BDA)
- Army Welfare Housing Organization (AWHO)
- Delhi Development Authority (DDA), New Delhi
- Urban Development Authority (UDA), Sri Lanka
G.P. Steel Fire Doors
The Fire Doors are manufactured strictly as per IS:3614 Part 2 and International standard BS : 476 part 22 and withstand performance criteria – Stability and Integrity.
- Fire rating: Available in 30, 60, 90, 120 & 180 minutes.
- Type: Single leaf and Double leaf.
- Sizes: Available in standard sizes and also as per customer’s requirements.
- Door Shutter Thickness: 30 mm to 50 mm with steel sheet thickness from 0.80 to 1.25 mm depending upon fire rating.
- Material: Lock Forming Quality, Galvanized Plain steel, with Zinc Coating 120 gms/m2 conforming to IS:277.
- Infill Insulation material: Asbestos Free, proprietary, non hazardous, fire insulation material, depending upon fire rating.
- Fire Sealing Strip: Provided with Heat activated lntumescent sealing strip to stop smoke or flames through the gap.
- Strong, sturdy and highly durable.
- Flush construction and no visible joints, manufactured on special purpose automatic machines.
- High level of aesthetics with ease of operation.
- Prefabricated to required dimensions and ready to install.
- Maintenance free.
- Non-hazardous and Eco Friendly.
- Tested at CBRI (Central Building Research Institute) Roorkee & ARAI (Automobile Research Association of India) Pune